Saturday, April 25, 2015

Twitter & Jay Rosen

I have blogged previously regarding my updated perception of Twitter, that being as my pathway to my writing success. 

Though, I must say, I not only am not the only journalist utilizing Twitter, but it's also not only journalists employing this platform; there holds just as strong a Twitter presence within a comprehensive list of media career titles. 

Media personnel such as CNN anchor, Anderson Cooper, or television and radio host, Larry King, are prime examples of using Twitter for more ways than just journalistic writing.

I am writing this in order to finally make clear that I have not yet made a final decision concerning just which career path I am going to follow.  While I've mentioned journalism most often thus far,  as of right now, I'm fascinated with it all; that's evident when reviewing my current fields of study, that being a Speech Communications and Journalism double major and an Interactive Media Studies minor. 

That being said, I may be skeptical of which job choice will fit me best, though I consider that a positive because I will learn knowledge on a variety of job choices. 

This leads me to my favorite part of this blog... explaining my favorite person on Twitter and why. 

I should probably explain why I was on such a hunt...

What I'm coming to understand, as blogged in the past regarding the power of convergence within the media, is that the media is working as one.  And because of this, so many of my classes are related and teach so much of the same curriculum, including this class and another in particular. 

My professor for the other course has assigned a term long project in which we are to virtually follow someone via any social media platform of choice that holds a potential aspired career choice title.  We are to take five screen shots a week of their posts in order to become more cognizant of media careers and the media in general. 

I chose Jay Rosen, and I chose him for significant reasons.  While I may fervently appreciate just how being as extreme of a frequent tweeter makes my project more fun, I mainly enjoy him because he covers an array of media fields through his media critic title.  He may not be a journalist, but he still has much experience as one and as  mentioned, it all works as one. 

Being a media critic denotes professional explanation regarding a number of media systems, including journalism. 

To be a critic is to be credible of what is being discussed, therefore him being as well-known as a favored source of information makes following him intriguing and also reliable.

No comments:

Post a Comment